Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stuffed Green Peppers

I made these last night and they were SO good (and I think it is pretty good for you). I tweaked this recipe from one I got online and I loved it! This makes enough to serve 6.

6 Green Bell Peppers
1/2 c. uncooked brown rice
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 bag mixed frozen veggies
1 c. frozen corn
dried chopped onion (if you use fresh I'm sure it would be even better)
Shredded cheese (mozzarella or Mexican mix)

Make rice, as directed on bag. Brown turkey, pour off grease. Add spaghetti sauce (i used Prego Mushroom and Garlic) rice, frozen veggies/corn and chopped onion. Mix and warm in pan.

In separate pan, boil water and put peppers in for about 3 minutes. Remove peppers and put into cold water (apparently, this is called blanching). Put peppers in your baking dish and fill with filling prepared above. Cover and bake on 350 for 45 minutes. Take cover off and put cheese on top. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love stuffed green peppers. Thanks for reminding me about them!