Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Asian Sesame Chicken Stir Fry

So I know how much a picture helps you want to cook something, so here is one I borrowed from some one's blog, it made me want to try this! So I made it for my cooking group using the original recipe with I thought turned out well, but when I ran out of the salad dressing {I have very poor math skills} I changed it up a little bit when I made the second batch. So I commented on the things I changed. . .

1/2 package of chow mien noodles {or you can use angel hair}
2 cups small broccoli florets
2 cups sliced carrots {I added this becuase I like them, I bought the ones already cut into butter slices}
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into thin strips
3/4 c. Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (on the salad dressing isle)
3 Tbsp. soy sauce {I only used 2 Tbsp, it was too salty with 3}
2 Tbsp. sugar {This was my addition because I like a little sweetness}
1/4 tsp. each: ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper {I used less red pepper}
1/3 chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)

Cook chow mien according to package

Steam broccoli and carrots until soft, but not mushy

Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and cook the chicken with salt/pepper, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper. Stir in dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Coat well, then add veggies and coat with sauce

Drain pasta and place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture and mix together (lightly). Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
**Recipe and picture from Shelley Brown blog

1 comment:

Erinn said...

I made this tonight and it was simple but delicious! I added sugar snap peas to boost the veggies.

Thanks!